a twenty-something canuck chick in london

29.6.04

roots meets carnaby street

It's my mom's birthday on Monday. As I was drifting off to sleep last night I remembered. And it's not like I can just send flowers - for goodness sakes, this woman *birthed* me! All 9 pounds 13 ounces. So I got up early and set off to Regent's Street to try to find some inspiration. I didn't find any. I found two LOUD girls trying on sandals on Bond Street with their *Mom* and suspiciously North American sounding accents. (shit). I also found a new Roots store that opened two weeks ago on Carnaby Street. Woo! Apparently Roots is dressing both the Canadian and British athletes at the Olympics. I chatted with the girl in the store (from Ottawa) and left feeling quite warm and fuzzy.

So now I have a tank-top to wear to the Maple Leaf Pub festivities on Thursday, and am still without a gift for Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home